Pumps Float Level Switches for Liquids
The float level measurement technology is the most simple, reliable, and economical technology on the market. For a typical pump automation, it is necessary to use two floats level switches: a first float switch to start the pump, and a second one to stop it. See animated image on the left.
For pump control of several levels with multiple pumps, for example, a third float switch needs to be added at the desired start level.
ATMI proposes you a range of float level switches for automatic control of all types of pumps, a range of level regulators with internal or external ballasts, as well as special small diameter float level switches for narrow-access tanks.
ATMI float switches, also known as “cable float level switches” are suitable for the most diverse applications. We have models ideal for clear water, loaded liquids, aggressive liquid mixtures, drinking water meant for human consumption (see our ACS certified floats), as well as level regulators for gas and dust hazardous environments (see our ATEX certified float switches).
To enhance the safety of your installations, we recommend you to install a float switch as high or low level alarm in complement to other types of level measurement devices such as ultrasonic sensors, radars, capacitive probes, etc.
Float Switches for Pump Control
Description Float: switches for direct connection to the pump
Switching angle: +/- 110º – 120º – 165º depending on models
Cut-out power: 20 (8) A
Level Regulators for Pumping Stations
Description: Float switches for level control of multiple pumps
Switching angle: +/- 10º – 25º depending on models
Cut-out power: 10 (4) A – 16 (6) A
Float Switches for Narrow-Access Tanks
Description: Small diameter float switches for level control in narrow-access tanks
Switching Angle: +/- 20º
Cut-Out Power: 12 (6) A
- No maintenance needed
- Thanks to their biconical shape (against clogging) and to their omnidirectional operation.
- Accurate Operation
- Thanks to the choice of specific adjustable external ballasts. The ballasts allow the float switch to work in a wide range of densities.
- Protection of the pumps’ engines
- No jerking of the pump’s engine guaranteed thanks to our wide-switching-angle float switch models.
- A wide range to choose from
- For each specific need, ATMI proposes a specific float: Choose from 20 different types of float switches available in 50 versions.
- Cable choice depending on your application
- Available cable types: High quality PVC, Neoprene, EPDM, HR HY (High Resistance, exclusive to ATMI).
- Product customisation
- Customized colors, branding, and packaging upon request and based on volume.